CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 31, 2009

UBIC Parade





I was in the UBIC parade this year. I haven't been in a parade in a long time...but it's not what you think. Actually "A Piece of Cake Weddings and Events" my company, was in the parade. It was really cute. I had a convertible car that I borrowed from my neighbors family's car dealership. I had my advertising car magnets on the doors and then decorated it as a just married car. Then my darling little neighbor girl wore my wedding dress and veil. Her boyfriend wore a vintage blue tuxedo t-shirt and top hat and they drove the car while playing some fun wedding songs...(Chapel of Love, etc). Unfortunately the crowd couldn't hear the music...too bad because it was a nice touch. Then following behind the wedding car was myself driving a golf cart, also decorated with advertising signs and wedding bells, etc. I was carrying coolers of Otter Pops. I had four of my sweet little Achievement Day girls help me out by passing out the Popsicle's and also paper fans with my logo and information. In theory it was really cute and in reality it was kind of cute. The little girls were in matching dresses and had floral wreaths in their hair to emulate flower girls. They carried baskets full of the fans and Popsicle's and walked along side the golf cart and passed them out to the crowds. We ran out of stuff and got way behind our convertible car and were pretty much holding up the whole parade...but other than that it went well. I think it at least got our name out there and some awareness. And you know how the saying goes...bad publicity is better than no publicity. So even though we may be remembered as that disorganized wedding place that was holding up the parade...at least we'll be remembered!
Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad it went good. I wish we could have been out there. Is there any day when you can meet in Park City for your birthday? Let me know!!!