CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Home Improvements...










We've had a busy fall/winter.  We (mostly Ben) worked on finishing the basement.  It was our goal to have it done before Christmas.  And we did it.  It was a lot of work but not so bad when you have a professional in the house.  Our basement has a home theatre room.  We have really been enjoying it so far!  We thought we'd really only watch the big screen for movies and sports.  Well think again!  We're down there every night.  We've had several movie nights with family and friends.  Ben had a guys night and watched sports with his buds.  I had a girls night in which we had all the female relatives around come over and watch 'Gone With The Wind' which was Granny Helen's special request!  It was a lot of fun.  Maddix's birthday party even ended with the kiddo's watching a movie.  The kids have a small play nook, and I finally have a full sized guest bedroom again.  I've always wanted a soft blue and white room and finally got it.  Although the paint is fine, I would have preferred it a tiny bit softer.  But oh well, I'm not complaining!  And the final pics are of my latest sewing project.  I wanted a new bedspread for the boys room, one that tied in with the nautical decor.  However, I could not find what I was looking for.  Therefore I had to make it.  It was a lot of work, especially with my pain-in-the-butt-piece-of-crap machine!  Can I just say sewing machines drive me nuts.  I think they all are probably a pain, but mine is especially irritating!  I know it's only an entry level one and that must have a lot to do with it.  Oh well it's done and I like it.  I also painted the boys bed.  It was black...don't you just love spray paint!  I finally feel like I can relax for the rest of the winter....until the dreaded spring cleaning/organizing.  

0 comments: