CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, May 8, 2008

New Baby

As I stated in my previous entry, I am pregnant. I am due on September 15th. I am currently 21 weeks along. I was not able to find out what I was having until I was 19 weeks. I was very impatient and wanted to know right then because friends that I know who are pregnant and due around the same time as me already knew what they were having. Well, I found this website that claimed they could predict the gender of your baby with nearly 100% accuracy based off the husband and wife's birth dates and the due date. Well, since they were only charging $18 and they claim they'll reimburse you if they are incorrect, I thought what the heck? So I gave it a try. You can imagine my excitement when the results said it was a girl! Well, upon further review of the information I put in, I realized that I had put Ben's birth year in wrong. He was born in '78 and I put it down as '79. Well, I emailed them immediately and asked if this would change the results. They didn't respond right away, in fact I had to email them three times and finally about 2 weeks later, they finally responded saying that now my results were that I was having a boy! Well, a week later, sure enough the big hospital ultrasound revealed it was in fact a boy! I am fine with the fact that it's a boy. I hope he and Maddix will be good little buddies and they'll always have a friend to play with. So, although it does put a dampener on my decorating plans, we will save a lot of money on clothes, bedding, etc. So, we are excited to have another boy in the family. I just hope that I will get one girl, that's all I ask. All our friends that have little girls say that boys are much easier and that we're lucky! So far, we've been really lucky with Maddix since he's been a very mild tempered child. We couldn't ask for a better kid, he's all boy, but not too wild and crazy (yet, at least)! Another plus to having a boy is that it will probably be easier to find a name. He will probably be named Cooper, which is my maiden name. I do like that name for a boy, but I'm just a little worried that I could get tired of it easily since it was attached to my name for 23 years. We'll see what happens. Unless we find another name that...

A. we absolutely love and

B. that we both agree upon

it will be most likely Cooper. The rest of the good news from the ultrasound was that everything looks healthy and that's what matters most. And although I'm not sure Maddix quite understands the whole thing, I'll tell him to talk to the baby, and he says, "Hi brother". But sometimes he thinks that he has a baby in his tummy!

3 comments:

Carly said...

ahhh, this puts a damper on my gift plans... just kidding. I will just have to dig a little. congrats you guys, and I love the name cooper.

Natalie said...

Hey.. Hello, My name is Natalie and I am your blog-stocker.. Love the Pics! Maddix is getting so big. It was fun to get together with you for lunch. I miss getting together with everyone. When you are up next call me! I LOVE COOPER! He looks like a cooper ;) Chat with you later..
Natalie

Morgan Greaves said...

Hi LISA!!! I am so glad you have a blog now. I got your message the other day day on my blog. I miss you to! Congrats on the big news..my nephew is Cooper I just love that name! We need to get together when you are this way!