CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Chantilly Place





I have always wanted to be an event planner or a wedding planner. I love everything about weddings and have many ideas. I don't really consider myself a creative person, but when it comes to weddings or parties I really feel like I found my creative niche. My mother and father-in-law have a beautiful blue Victorian home with a gorgeous yard. They've had their kids wedding receptions there and various nieces as well. In Roosevelt, there is nowhere nice to have a reception/wedding. Since Pam has had several weddings at her house, all of them I've been around for and helped plan, we really got thinking last summer. My brother-in-law Beau was getting married and we were helping with that wedding. I mentioned many of my ideas and also told Pam how I'd love to be a wedding planner. She said that since she always puts a lot of work into her yard regardless if there is a wedding that summer or not, that I could establish a wedding business and offer it to the public. So, I got to thinking about a name and came up with 'Chantilly Place'...which is a sort of pun on Chantilly Lace a special lace used for wedding dresses. I think it sounds so quaint and weddingish. Then I began designing brochures and distributing them around town to floral departments, hair/tanning salons, etc. Well, it got off to a slow start with no paying customers last year, but we still did two weddings (Beau & Nicole and Pam's niece Laury & Johnny). Well this year I decided to take a chance and put some more money into my advertising. I made up a radio ad and had it played on X94, the young/hip radio station. It went as follows with the classical song that is played at many weddings now by Pachbel, titled 'Canon in D' playing softly in the background. "Nestled on the grounds of a grand Victorian estate, is a beautiful location to have the garden wedding or reception you've always dreamed of. Chantilly Place is a naturally beautiful outdoor area adorned with fountains, pergolas, gazebos, and flower gardens. This a beautiful place to have a wedding from late spring thru early fall. For more information call Lisa at 725-0577. Book your wedding today at Chantilly Place where they say something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue...we'll be your something blue. Located in Roosevelt at the "Blue Victorian." The 'blue Victorian' is the unofficial name people in town use to refer to the Glines' residence. Pam and I are partners. I am in charge of advertising, getting business and being the one with whom the brides work. Pam is in charge of keeping the yard up. Then we both pitch in on the wedding day for set-up, etc. Well, the good news is that this summer we have two bona fide weddings booked that are not pro bono. Both brides are having their wedding and reception with us. Now we just have to pray for good weather on those two dates since we are an outdoor facility only. I am really excited to see how both weddings turn out. I think both brides have great taste and it will be fun to see how things turn out. It has been something to keep me a little busy and has been nice to put some of the things I learned in college to use as far as advertising, PR, etc. Now if we could just get brides with substantial budgets and could decorate very extravagantly, my wedding planning dreams would be complete. My next venture in further establishing this business is creating a website or a blog.

3 comments:

Carly said...

Congrats Lisa! I am glad that things are headed in the right direction for your business. I know that you have great taste from what I saw at your wedding. Can't wait to see some photos of the events.

Natalie said...

LISA.. Sounds awesome! I remember you telling me about it last year! I am so glad you are doing it! Hey.. If you need any help with some Marketing or some PR I would love to help you! You are perfact for something like this! Good luck! Rosevelt is lucky to have you!

Anonymous said...

Hey lady...Now your a blogger- love it. Pam's house looks amazing. I think you have done the right thing by advertising on the radio...After all what other stations can you get out there.(ha,ha)-- Who knew you could make Roosevelt look so pretty. The Weather will be great... Hot or wind right? PS Charley Jenkins did a great job last week...we felt really sorry he was dismissed from Nashville Star. Jewell has something against Utahns and Mormons. ( I added you to my blog)