CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 3, 2010

Meet the dog without a name...aka the newest member of our family!




Well, we finally did it. We took the plunge and got a dog. And it's a girl!! I had to insist on a girl, since she may be the only baby girl I'll ever get? She's a purebred Lab. We got her on Wednesday, April 28th. She was exactly 7 weeks old. She was born on March 10th. We weren't really planning on a dog lately, but the timing just seemed right. One of Ben's friends/subcontractors breeds them and had a litter. He asked us if we wanted one. We thought about it for almost a week and decided it may be now or never. I'm not prego, I don't have small baby and it's almost summer, the perfect time to get/train a dog (at least in my opinion). So we just did it. It's been an adventure so far. I think she'll really be a good fit for our family. I didn't realize how much doggies did #2 a day. I thought once maybe twice?!? Think again! Hopefully it's just a puppy thing, kind of like a newborn baby and they poop a lot at first? Now our latest dilemma with her is the we haven't found a name yet. There are a few that have made the cut, but we haven't settled on one yet. The possibilities are Zoey, Lola, Gigi, and Leia (like Princess Leia of Star Wars). I think Gigi is my favorite for her. The reason is she is kind of prissy (a dog after my own heart) but she is kind of spunky too. That is what I think of when I hear Gigi. Ben comes up with the names that he likes off his sci-fi shows, hence Leia and Zoey. I hope we figure it out soon, it would be a lot easier to train her. Ben and I are both indecisive so it could be a while. Were open to suggestions!

0 comments: